Relive Live from the Lab: Empowering single cell proteomics with Orbitrap Astral
Thursday, December 07, 2023
Time: 10:00 AM Greenwich Mean Time
Duration: 1 hour, 30 minutes
More information: here
Did you miss Live from the Lab or do you just want to catch it again…?
Following the popular success of the in-person and livestream Live from the Lab event we wanted to give another opportunity to see some of the excellent presentations from that day.
Join us for the first of these webinar events where we will share some of the cutting-edge scientific research shown by our collaborators. The initial session is Orbitrap Astral: Enabling Single Cell Proteomics. We will feature an introduction to the recently launched Thermo™ Scientific Orbitrap™ Astral™ mass spectrometer from its inventor, Professor Alexander Makarov. The Orbitrap Astral offers faster throughput, deeper coverage, higher sensitivity, and accurate and precise quantitation – setting a new standard for mass spectrometry performance and redefining what is possible for discovery and translational research.
There will then be two presentations from academic users who are beginning to explore the incredible possibilities of this instrument. Sophia Steigerwald from Professor Matthias Mann’s research group at the Max-Planck-Institute of Biochemistry in Munich will discuss DIA with non-isobaric multiplexing and Benjamin Furtwängler from Professor Bo Toben Porse’s group at Copenhagen University will share his research on Single-cell proteomics for the exploration of cell heterogeneity.
Join us online for a second chance to see these important presentations in this rapidly developing area of proteomics with the opportunity for a live Q&A with the experts.
- View the latest research in single cell proteomics
- Learn about the new Orbitrap Astral MS
- Discover how your research can be empowered
Who should attend:
- Researchers in the field of single cell proteomics
- Laboratory professionals interested in proteomics mass spectrometry
- Users of mass spectrometry in the life science arena
- Alexander Makarov, Director, Global Research LSMS, Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Sophia Steigerwald, PhD Student, Department of Proteomics and Signal Transduction - Max Planck Institute of Biochemistry,
Benjamin Furtwängler, PhD student, Porse Group at the Copenhagen University
- Paul Humphrey, Senior Regional Marketing Manager – LSMS & Omics, Thermo Fisher Scientific